Braces are traditionally a treatment option applied to older children to correct misalignment problems. However, even when the teeth are improved during that time, additional or new problems develop as a person gets older. That may mean considering dental braces a second time. While not always necessary, dental braces in Houston from our team at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch may provide the very best solution for your specific needs.
Why You May Need Adult Braces
It’s common for people to get braces at a younger age and not worry about alignment concerns for the rest of their lives. For most people, this can be very effective. Yet, other people have potential concerns, including numerous instances where misalignments form a second time. If there are not fully corrected problems before or they were not treated the first time properly, that may warrant the need for adult braces. To find out if braces options exist for your specific need, reach out to our team.
Signs You May Benefit from Dental Braces Again
The following are some examples of changes in the mouth that may indicate it’s time to consider adult braces.
- Shifts creating gaps. The teeth move, but when this movement creates gaps, it’s important to consider braces to fix this. Those gaps can be places where bacteria build-up, increasing the risk for numerous health complications, including early tooth decay.
- Crowding problems. There are some situations where the teeth can crowd together, which means they come so close to each other they can often overlap. This, too, is an important condition to treat because proper oral hygiene is difficult in these situations.
- Development of jaw pain. Several things can cause jaw pain. Sometimes, this is due to improper alignment. That is a time when braces may offer a corrective solution, alleviating pain.
- Crooked teeth. When the teeth seem to become less straight, that could indicate a problem with alignment or the potential for tooth decay. It’s important to see a dentist determine what may be happening.
- Changes in chewing or speaking. When alignment problems occur, chewing and biting can become challenging. Some people may also notice a change in the way they speak. These are very important indications that alignment improvement may be necessary.
Finding the Right Options for Braces Is Your First Step
Our team offers a board-certified orthodontist who can provide you with a wide range of resources and several brace options to select from for your needs. These are specifically able to handle even some of the most challenging of conditions. Our goal is to ensure you have a permanent result, so you do not have to worry about needing braces again.
If you are unsure if you want to use adult braces, consider all of the products we offer, including clear aligners, which are very effective but hard to notice. They also work faster and don’t create the same type of discomfort.
To find out if you qualify for braces or what other types of treatment may be right for you, visit Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch. We offer a wide range of services to meet your needs, including:
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Tooth extraction procedures
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Oral surgery procedures
Improve Your Smile by Working with Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch
For some people, dental braces are the ideal way to improve the alignment of their teeth, reducing the risk of complications down the road. It can also provide the boost of self-confidence you need. Our team at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch is ready to help you find the best solution for your needs. Call us at 713-244-7799 or connect with us online today to set up an appointment.