If you are looking for a way to completely transform your smile and bring stability back to your gums, then you may want to consider dentures. Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch offers comprehensive dental services including design & molding, maintenance, and replacements.
Millions of people like you choose dentures as a way to restore their vibrant smile. Today’s dentures are stylish, natural, and are more durable than ever. With proper maintenance and cleaning, your dentures can last for several years. To schedule teeth cleaning, an oral exam, or dental molding, contact Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch today.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are artificial teeth. Most come in two forms:
- Partial Dentures: If you have a section of teeth missing, but do not need to remove all of your teeth, partial dentures can replace your old teeth while providing stability for the surrounding teeth. We can color-match these so that they look like your other teeth. You won’t be able to tell the difference.
- Full Dentures: You may have to remove all of your teeth on your bottom or top row (or both). Fortunately, dentures can completely replace your teeth and give you a fresh start. We can create either removable or permanent dentures and insert them into your jawbone.
We can give you a full oral exam to determine which option is best for you.
Are You a Candidate for Dentures?
Even if you are missing one or more teeth, you may want to look at other options such as dental veneers for replacing them. For instance, a dental crown may be a more suitable choice depending on your oral condition.
You may be a candidate if you are missing all of your teeth but still have a sufficient amount of healthy gum tissue and jawbone. The only way to determine if they are right for you is by performing an extensive oral exam. An exam will tell us if you should pursue another solution.
Our goal is to provide you with a long-lasting solution that matches your condition and meets your personal needs.
The Benefits of Dentures
As an alternative to missing teeth, there are several benefits to choosing dentures:
- Dental insurance should cover all or part of the cost
- Fully restore your smile with zero flaws
- Quickly clean them since they are removable
- Support your facial muscles and jawbone structure
- More comfortable and functional than ever
Dentures also allow you to eat foods that you may not be able to eat with other dental solutions. With proper care, you can count them to last up to eight years before you need a new set. Considering how much daily activity involves chewing, they perform well and provide a high rate of satisfaction.
Solutions for Missing Or Broken Teeth
If you have partial or decaying teeth, we will need to remove them. Once we remove your teeth it may take seven to ten days for them to heal. From there, we make an impression of your gums, accounting for every detail so that the dentures fit perfectly. From the impression, we create the mold and complete the model of the dentures. We then place the dentures onto your gums to ensure the proper fit. Your dentures may be uncomfortable at first since they are new. However, you will not notice this discomfort after you become adjusted to them in a few days.