Deciding to restore a smile using a dental implant can be well worth it, but it can also be one of the most invasive procedures. Knowing it is the best choice for your situation means meeting with an oral surgeon to discuss the options available. For those considering dental implants in Houston, our team at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch can offer the support you need.
How a Dental Implant Changes Smiles
A dental implant is a small device placed into the jaw at an area where a tooth is lost. Implants create a strong surface for an artificial tooth, such as a crown, to be placed on top of the gum, restoring the look and function of the smile. Implants can be life-changing, no matter if a person needs one or multiple insertions. They can provide a new level of confidence and last for decades, creating a permanent solution.
The Benefits of Implants Are Many
While boosting self-confidence and enhancing aesthetics is important, there are other benefits of dental implants that are just as important or even more so.
- Restoring teeth alignment. When an implant is placed, it helps fill in a gap created by the missing tooth. That is an important way to keep the rest of the teeth properly aligned. If not present, the other teeth may crowd into this space, creating a high risk for early tooth decay and gum disease development.
- Improving chewing and biting. Some people cannot eat foods they love because they are too hard to bite into or chew properly. Once the implant is in place, that’s alleviated. A person will be able to bite and chew as they would with a healthy natural tooth.
- Improving speech. When one or more teeth are missing, it can lead to changes in how a person speaks. This can be problematic for some, especially when it is significant.
- Reducing the risk of infections. Those who have decaying teeth have a high risk of developing infections. Those can travel into the bloodstream, causing numerous health complications. Implants eliminate this problem.
Implants can benefit those who need just one missing tooth replaced or those who are considering dentures. Compared to dentures, implants tend to be more comfortable, more natural-looking, stronger, and last longer. While they are more expensive than traditional dentures, many people find that, over time, they are the better option.
Getting the Dental Implant Services Needed
For those who need an implant, the first step is a full assessment with an oral surgeon. He or she will work to create a treatment plan for you. This may include tackling other dental concerns you have first, if they are problematic, including infections or decaying teeth. If damaged teeth need to be removed, tooth extraction generally needs to be one of the first steps to fix the problem. This may require some time to heal as well.
Once approved for implants, the process can be very safe. Your dental surgeon at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch will explain everything that will happen, including what type of before and aftercare you need before you get started.
Some of the other services we offer include:
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Tooth extraction procedures
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Oral surgery procedures
Restore Your Smile at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch
Whether you need a single dental implant or numerous implants, the dedicated team of professionals at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch can offer the support you need. We use the most innovative technologies and board-certified oral surgeons to ensure the best outcome for each of our clients. Learn more about our services when you call 713-244-7799 or connect with our team online now.