Ask almost anyone what they could change about their smile and more often than not you will hear they want a whiter smile. However, common misconceptions surrounding the process tends to deter individuals from professionally whitening their teeth. If you want to brighten your smile, you need teeth whitening services.
What Can Cause Teeth Discoloration?
If you look in the mirror and notice your smile is dull or stained, there could be a number of reasons behind the change. Some of the more common reasons individuals need teeth whitening services include the following:
- Foods and drinks- Certain foods and beverages can cause stains and darkening of the teeth over time. Coffee, wine, balsamic vinegar, and other darker items can leave behind their mark on teeth.
- Tobacco products- Your teeth can be a major giveaway that you smoke or chew tobacco. Smoking tends to stain your teeth yellow while chewing tobacco causes your teeth to become darker, not to mention the damage it causes your gums.
- Medications- Certain medications like blood pressure prescriptions can cause your teeth to become darker.
- Age- Over time, your teeth can become yellow and dull. Your enamel can become thinner as well.
- Injury- Blows to the mouth and teeth can cause your teeth to become darker in appearance.
Ask your dentist if teeth whitening is possible with your teeth. It’s important to remember that these services can help improve the appearance of your teeth, but won’t always completely remove certain stains.
Professional Services or At-Home Remedies?
A common misconception about professional teeth whitening services is that they’re an unnecessary expense. Many believe that they can achieve the desired effect with at-home kits and other remedies. However, these remedies can cause problems. At-home kits you can buy at the store aren’t as strong as professional treatments, which can make seeing a difference almost impossible.
Also, trays that aren’t custom to your teeth can leave room for leaks and uneven application. This can mean your teeth look worse than when you began. Leaks can also cause irritation to your gums and mouth.
At-home remedies can also be harmful to your mouth. Charcoal can be abrasive and cause damage to your enamel if misused. Oil pulling can cause ulcers in the mouth and can be harmful if swallowed. To guarantee your safety and the effectiveness of the treatment, it’s best to go with professional services.
Teeth Whitening Services with Lovett Dental
For the best Cinco Ranch, TX teeth whitening solutions, head to Lovett Dental for professional care. Our team will work with you to determine how to proceed to create your best smile possible. Contact Lovett Dental today at 713-244-7799 to make an appointment.