Poor alignment of the teeth can create numerous complications for chewing, speaking, and even confidence. There are solutions available, including clear aligners. Clear tray aligners are designed to provide teeth straightening without the pain and discomfort of traditional metal braces. They are highly reliable and effective, but they also provide exceptional benefits such as being hard to see. At Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch, we’re happy to help you determine if they are right for you.
How Do Clear Aligners Work?
Clear aligners are trays. These are designed specifically to fit your mouth. They put just enough pressure on your teeth to push them into the proper position over a period of time. This is the same type of teeth straightening that occurs with metal or ceramic braces. Over a period of time, the teeth shift. The clear aligner trays are designed to accommodate this slowly. You will have several trays designed for you to help the slow progression of teeth straightening.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligner Trays?
There is a range of benefits to clear aligners themselves. While traditional braces are still an option for many, clear aligner trays may help with a few of the common problems people associated with braces.
- Clear aligners are hard to see. Unless you tell someone they are in, most people will not know they are there.
- They are highly effective. Sometimes, clear aligners are more effective than traditional braces.
- They can be used for most types of teeth straightening needs. That makes it possible for many people to use them.
- You can take them out from time to time. Doing so allows for proper dental hygiene – you can brush and floss as you normally would.
- There are few restrictions on what you can eat with them. Unlike metal braces, you don’t have to restrict what you eat to protect the braces.
- Instead of tightening the metal brackets, you will have a new tray created for you at each stage of the process. Some find this a bit more comfortable.
- They are also harder to break compared to ceramic braces. That may mean fewer trips in to see your dentist.
It is important to have a formal consultation to determine if these are the right option for your dental needs. Many people will find clear aligner trays to be a bit more expensive than other types of braces. However, they remain one of the best overall options.
Could Clear Aligner Trays Be Right for You?
When it comes to teeth straightening, several steps need to be taken before installing these trays. For example, our goal is to ensure your teeth are healthy enough to benefit from the procedure. That’s why a full exam and x-rays are necessary. We’ll determine from this what type of benefit you may see from clear aligners and how to get you started on the process.
If you need additional care or treatment, we can provide that within our offices as well. We’re happy to help you with any dental health needs, including:
- General teeth cleaning
- Fillings and sealants
- Pediatric dental services
- Other orthodontic options
- Periodontic dental services
We encourage you to contact us to learn more about how clear aligners work for teeth straightening and how to get the process started for your needs. You’ll find several benefits when working with our team.
Work with Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch to Improve Your Smile
Clear aligners could be exactly what you need to improve your smile with ease. As one of the more sought after teeth straightening solutions, our team at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch can help you have clear aligner trays created for your needs. To learn more, schedule an appointment with us by calling 713-244-7799 or connecting with us online.