The term dental prosthetic refers to a wide range of dental appliances and fixtures that can help to improve your oral health, improving chewing, or create the smile you desire. Finding the right one for your needs is important. At Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch, we offer prosthetic teeth options to fit most needs. We encourage you to reach out to us today to learn, which is the best overall prosthetic teeth option for your needs.
What Are Prosthetic Teeth?
Prosthetic teeth are various types of products that can be used to replace missing teeth or to cover up those defects in your teeth that you want to hide. These types of prosthetics can offer many benefits to you, including improving your smile, reducing your pain, improving chewing and biting, and even help minimize changes in teeth alignment. Here are some of the prosthetic teeth options that may be applicable in your situation:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are one of the best prosthetic teeth options for those who want a permanent solution to missing teeth. A small implant, which is a titanium screw, is placed into the jawbone below the gums to hold artificial teeth in place. They can be used for a single tooth or a set of them.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns can cover damage to a single tooth. They can also be used as a part of a bridge, which can replace numerous teeth. Most of the time, a crown is placed on either side of one or more false teeth. They help to hold the space for proper alignment but look and function like traditional teeth.
- Dentures: For many people, dentures are the most commonly sought prosthetic teeth because they have been used for a long time. Partial or full dentures are an option depending on how many teeth are missing. Dentures are removable, which means you can take them out at night to clean them.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are not artificial teeth themselves. Rather, they are devices or shells placed on the tooth. They work to cover chips in the tooth or may help to hide discoloration of the tooth. Veneers can help give you a healthier-looking smile.
Prosthetic Teeth Options
The good news is our team can help you with this process. Your first step should be to come in to learn more about your oral health. We provide a range of services to help you to do this.
- General dentist services to provide x-rays and an oral examination.
- Tooth extractions to remove decayed teeth.
- Root canal procedures to manage any cavities you have.
- Periodontal gum treatment if you have gum or jawbone concerns.
- Dental implant specialists to discuss various options for you.
- Denture installation and services if you go with this route.
Prosthetic teeth are designed to restore your smile so you can beam with confidence. They also help improve the overall function of your mouth. They can give you your smile back, but also help you to speak clearly, chew well, and bite down as you would like to. Our team can talk about each of these prosthetic teeth options with you. This will help you determine which is the best bet for improving your oral health and other needs. This is always a customized process and one we will work closely with you on to ensure you get the smile you desire.
Reach Out to Us at Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch
Are prosthetic teeth right for you? To find out if this is your best bet and which prosthetic teeth options are right for you, contact our team. At Lovett Dental Cinco Ranch, we offer a range of dental health options that can improve your smile. Schedule a consultation at 832.662.3059 so you can find out what we can do for you.